Homeowners have many responsibilities and concerns, one of which is the occurrence of mold. To help you with any mold problem, here are 5 frequently asked questions about mold:
Is There Mold in My House?
Every home has some level of mold and now that we live in a moist climate, we need to be diligent about mitigating its growth. It is most likely to grow in rooms with high water usage and humidity such as kitchens, bathrooms, laundry rooms, and basements. It is not unusual to find growth following water leaks from roofs or pipes.
How do I Identify Mold?
Mold smells of mildew and looks like small black or white specks growing along just about anything.
What are the Risks of Mold?
Molds can produce substances called mycotoxins that may cause health hazards to people with lowered immune systems, and babies. Mold is also known to trigger asthma attacks. Regardless of a person’s health, mold is smelly, can cause eye irritation and must be controlled and removed.
How do I Control Mold Growth?
To control mold growth, you must dry out the house and repair problem areas. A professional can provide you a detailed list.
When Should I Call a Professional?
The standard rule of thumb is if an area of mold growth is less than ten square feet, it can generally be handled without calling in a professional after a bit of research. However, if it is contaminated by sewage, in a hidden area, or of a larger size, it is time to call in the professional(s) to remove the mold damage and to ensure the root cause of growth is repaired.
At Parker Young Construction, we are a highly professional company known to provide a prompt and thorough cleanup of mold contamination while providing several options to control future incidents. Should you find a need for professional mold removal from your home or business, contact Parker Young Construction today.